Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Assessment Center

For the rest of this week I'll be participating in an Assessment Center.  This is a time when people who are looking at being church planters have the opportunity to discover if they are gifted for that type of ministry.  I'll be one of the assessors.   I'm not going a long way off for this one (in the past they've been in places like New York and Las Vegas), it's in Holland.  

Keep checking the blog even though I'm out and about I will be putting up a few things this week.  
Right now I'm especially caught up in a few more things from Genesis that I want to pass on to you.  Hopefully tonight I can find a bit of time and talk about weeping--or the lack of it.

3 comments:

Judi L. Tieri said...

Hey Pastor Larry:

My nephew went through this same assessment in Orlando FL. just last year. Even though he was accepted to be a church planter, they wanted him and his wife to undergo this assessment. It was grueling, according to his blog. And his wife was quite surprised at how much info they needed about her. Jamie had to prepare a message, take a number of psychological tests, and met with several different team assessors.

Good for you! Ain't no one better to be in a position like this than you! We'll be praying for wisdom and discernment for you while you are there. (Too bad you couldn't go someplace warm again!)

Choose to bless!
Judi T

paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larry Doornbos said...

Hi Judi,
I think the intensity of the whole deal has gone down a bit from what I can tell from the agenda this time.

And how I agree with you--warmer would have been so much better :)