Wednesday, June 27, 2007

End of the day--sort of

Thanks again for all the support. We cherish your prayers and your help.

Linda's day included her first movement out of bed. It was a very painful experience, even though no steps were involved. It's amazing what we do so normally can suddenly become a huge deal. Her short stand up made her lie down for the rest of the day. It also has intensified her pain while laying down. The good news was that those who helped her up were impressed that she did as much as she did.

I've been shuttling between home and the hospital since my presence is needed at both places. Chris is at home still gagging and then sleeping and then gagging and then sleeping. I'm hoping the one of these times he will sleep and then not gag. That has been his pattern in past stressful times. He lets me run up to the hospital for a couple of hours while he watches TV or sleeps. He's in no mood for anyone but dad to be around right now.

I've also been trying to do a bit of car research. Our guess is that the "box" is toast and we'll have to get a new car. We have a loaner right now, but since we are a one car (but multi-bike) family it's kind of important to figure out next steps on the vehicle front.

On one last note--some of you may remember my message when I talked about our new dog--otherwise known as little dog, little brain. Apparently he is not too wild about my shuttle diplomacy and not getting his usual attention. When I got home from the hospital I first noticed a basket of clothes knocked over, when I let him out he proceeded to ignore my calls and ran way for 2 hours. When I went back inside I think I discovered why--he had torn apart some our pantry in the basement spreading a combination of paper towels, long noodles, dust clothes and a few other things and then had proceeded to use the back room of our basement as his potty stop. I'm thinking he was pretty sure that being scarce for a couple of hours would be a good idea.

No comments: