Thursday, June 14, 2007

Unchanging

I was praying this morning from the Psalms and came across this verse in Psalm 25.14 "The friendship of the LORD is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant." As I prayed those words it struck me how similar they were to the words of Jesus to his disciples in John 15.14 "You are my friends if you do what I command. 15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." Sometimes people try to drive a wedge between the Old and New Testament, but over and over again we see that the God we find in the OT is the same in purpose and heart as we find in the NT.

By the way, we're going to be looking at more connections Sunday night as we do another time of teaching outdoors. So if you plan on being here Sunday night, make sure you put on some walking shoes.

No comments: